Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Fourth of July!

I hope everyone is having a safe and happy holiday.  Mine has been a bit ho hum, but that's okay.  I didn't really feel like celebrating anyway.  I do miss shooting fireworks off, and haven't done that in years.  I miss the bottle rocket and roman candle wars of my youth, although I'm surprised no one lost a finger, or an eye, or whatever!  Heh...  I think the worst was a slightly burnt finger when a black cat firecracker went off in my hand.

Anyway, have a good one, and if you've got some, shoot off a bottle rocket for me! Just do it safely.

2 comments:

  1. I'm relaxing and trying not to do much of anything today. Hopefully no one will accidentally burn the state down. We need some rain. :)

    You have a good 4th.

    - Ark

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you, man. Not much in a celebratory mood, either. It's a tough time for so many people and it feels like the stress always bleeds through any attempt at levity.

    ReplyDelete