Saturday, April 3, 2010

Randomness

April 1st came and went, and I didn't post anything.  I had this great idea for an April Fool's Dungeon, but it just didn't motivate me that much.  Then I thought of something else, but meh...  I decided to take the day off from blogging.

So far I'm really happy with what I've done here on HDWT.  I have 12 followers, and that's 12 more than I thought I would have.  This is the 21st post.  I think the next milestone should be 50.  If I make it to 50, that will be good.  I don't have an accurate hit count, because I accidently deleted my original counter, but I think I may have had around 500 hits.

When I first started this blog, I considered writing a mission statement, a statement of purpose, but the more I think about it, it would, or might, limit me in what I want to do with HDWT.  However, here's a brief statement of purpose:  I want to promote gaming in all it's manifestations, whether it's role-playing, wargaming, or board games, and as a adjunct to that, to encourage and foster creativity, and utilizing it in gaming. Have Dice ~ Dice Will Travel is also a journal of my return to gaming after a long hiatus.

So I have a fairly simple "mission statement", and covers what I want to do with HDWT.

On another subject, I like old school, but I'm not dogmatic about it. I like to think of myself as "cool school".  Hah!  Maybe that will catch on, I need to define it better.  Some of the blogs I've read seem to come from the "cruel school", but hey, to each his own.  Okay,  enough digressing...

As I said before, I like old school, but I'm not married to it.  I haven't played D&D 4E, but I wouldn't be opposed to it.  I really doubt I would buy the books, they seem way too expensive to me.  I could go buy used copies of 3.5 for less than the price of an 4E D&D book!  Oh, and I haven't played 3.5 either, remember?  I took a long hiatus from gaming.  A looooooooooong hiatus. 

I think the last RPG I played was Rolemaster.  In fact, I remember what happened to my character.  He received a mortal wound, and was gushing blood.  He had 10 rounds to live, if I recall correctly.  He made some amazing rolls, and took revenge on the beast that was responsible.  While I was fighting the beaast, the other players were chatting about how they needed my magic items, and planned on looting me.  I wasn't really happy with this, and in the cavern we were in, there was a lava flow.  So to thwart their greedy plans I ran and leaped into the lava.  The GM laughed, and the other players were, to say the least, ticked off at me.  Ah, good times...

It looks like I won't be able to attend the North Texas RPG Con.  I had forgotten about a prior commitment, and since it was largely my idea I can't back out. However, I'm still working on attending Texicon, so that's still up in the air.

Okay, enough rambling.  Everybody have a great weekend, and hopefully you will get a chance to game, and roll some dice.






2 comments:

  1. I totally get the "journal of my return to gaming after a long hiatus" -- I started blogging for the same reason. Maybe there's something special about a "restart" and wanting to share the rediscovery of a great hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of followers, you really should check out my latest post here: http://dungeonsndigressions.blogspot.com/2010/04/its-been-fun.html (feel free to delete this comment afterwards!)

    ReplyDelete