Friday, April 9, 2010

A Fine Day

Nothing amazing on the blog agenda today.  I've been busy learning how to use Paint.NET, and I really like it's functionality.  I downloaded a bunch of plugins, and man, this program rocks!  If you need a good graphics program, and don't want to spend a boatload of money, this is the ONE YOU WANT!  Forget GIMP.  Paint.NET has a fairly easy learning curve, and there are plenty of tutorials for the difficult stuff.  Two of the plugins let me make hex and square grids, which makes it perfect for cartography.  Here's a minor sample:

The map above was just something I did while learning how to use the different plugins.  I am very happy with the way it works.  So, all in all, I think this is the program I'll be mainly using for mapping.  By using different layers I can easily make player maps, and put propriatary GM info on a different layer.  Woot!  This thing will work great for dungeons and system maps for Traveller!  It's also great for other art work as well.  Okay, I've got to stop now.  Busy with so many projects...

No comments:

Post a Comment