Monday, April 26, 2010

Break Over, Time to BLOG!

I decided to extend my birthday break from blogging to include the weekend, but I'm back now.  I'm feeling good, and feeling rested.  I even watched a little television, which I rarely do these days.  The old brain machine is still churning with ideas, and I hope to get to most of them.

As a general rule, I'm usually not one to "drop names", but the mapping project I mentioned before was for none other than Tim Kask.  What?  You don't know who Tim Kask is?  Then check out his wikipedia article, or his Q & A over on the Dragonsfoot forums.  A google search will bring up plenty of information about Tim, so google away!

If you don't know who he is don't feel too bad, when I first replied to his request for mapmakers on Dragonsfoot, ( his forum name is kaskoid ), I had no idea who he was.  He also posted the same request on the Cartographer's Guild forums.  When I saw his name on the email he sent me, then my brain started to get that certain itch, so I googled him, and was surprised to see who he was.  He's about as old school as you can get.

Anyway, I finished the maps on my birthday, and sent him the jpegs.  Now, I'm not 100% sure he's going to use them, but when he mentioned he was going to send them to an artist for the cover work I think that's a good indication he's going to use them.  So if you play in one of his upcoming convention games, at either North Texas RPG Con, or GenCon, ( I'm not sure at which one he'll be using them at ) then there's a good chance you'll be dungeon crawling through my maps!  Yeah, I'm getting a big kick out of this!

I've been looking at the Open d6 Ressurection wiki site, and really like the system.  In all the years I was a hard-core gamer, I never once played in a d6 game!  Well, maybe once at a convention, my memory is kind of fuzzy.  I may use it for my weird west campaign world, or not, still undecided on that.  It just seems like a nice modular system, that I can pick and choose what I want to use, and it seems  flexible enough to add house rules, without it getting all wonky.

One thing I really want to explore is online role-playing.  I've tried the play-by-post, but never really got into it.  It's been a while, and I need to research all the options now available.  The only drawback is that my bandwidth is horrible right now, so I don't think that skype thing is an option.

Okay, enough for now.  I'll be back tomorrow, and hopefully with something interesting!  Keep rolling those dice!

No comments:

Post a Comment