Saturday, March 6, 2010

There must be a beginning...

So it begins...

I've been thinking about doing this for a long time now.  Writing a blog about gaming.  Two days ago it was the second anniversary of the death of Gary Gygax; one of the co-creators of Dungeons & Dragons, and in my opinion the indisputable father of  role-playing games.  I had the idea to start the blog on that day, but it just didn't feel right.  So I decided to wait, mainly because I wasn't 100% positive I was going to start this blog.  The past couple of weeks I 've been reading all the gaming blogs I can find, and I thought that maybe there were enough blogs of this type already.  Who knows?  Maybe there is, and maybe there isn't?  Anyway, I decided to go ahead, and create this blog.  I'm not sure what direction this blog will take, but I hope you find it interesting, entertaining, perhaps helpful, and maybe even informative and educational.  In any case if you read it, let me know what you think, good or bad.  Feedback is important in almost any endeaver.

What will I write about?  Well, games of course!  I will probably reminisce about past gaming sessions, brainstorm about game design, discuss old games and new games, throw out some campaign ideas I'll probably never use, make up charts ( every old school rpger should love a random chart! ), write up some magic items, and invent new critters.  I'll probably even discuss and review other people's gaming blogs.

Well, it's late, and I need some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment