So I want to run a game, or more precisely a RPG. I'm just not sure the best way to go about it? A blog with play-by-posts? Another Yahoo group? A forum? Play-by-email? A combination of these options? The second decision would have to be genre, and then rule-set. The genre would of course influence what rule-set I would use. I wouldn't use AD&D to run a superhero campaign, or would I? Heh... nooooooo. I know I don't want to go the free-form route again. There need to be rules.
So that's what I'm asking my esteemed readership. What would you want to play and in what format? Here are some of the things I was thinking about...
- AD&D 1E
- Mutant Future
- Labyrinth Lord/OSRIC/ or???
- GURPS 3E ( Probably not... I've only got the main rulebook right now. )
All that being considered, this wouldn't be one of those things were you HAVE TO POST every hour/day/week or whatever. I want this to be a flexible game. However, if you end up being absent quite a bit, don't be upset when you miss out on things.
Anyway, I'm open to suggestions. A fantasy sandbox, or Mutant Future would be fun, but now that I think about it, a weird western would be fun as well. So speak up, and let me know. If you reply I want to know the following:
- If you're interested in playing in an online campaign.
- The format you would be most interested in playing in, i.e. play-by-post, etc.
- The genre and rule-set you are most interested in.
- What you want out of the game! Combat, role-playing, exploration, everything?