Saturday, June 18, 2011

I Feel Tainted...

I told myself I was going to avoid the current controversy ongoing in the OSR blogosphere. However, I made a comment on a blog, and got sucked in.  Now I feel tainted.  I should have known better.  No point trying to rationally and intelligently discuss anything in the OSR blogosphere.  The offensive language and insults start flying.  It's going to take some effort to mentally scrub the scum out of my brain.  I'll also be deleting some of the blogs that I follow.  Everything considered, nothing got accomplished, at least in my opinion, except that I learned that I was wasting my time.  Maybe this time it will stick.  You know what they say, repitition is the mother of learning.

And life goes on...

It's been about a month since I've posted anything on HDWT.  Despite wanting to attend the North Texas RPG Con, I was unfortunately way too busy.  Oh well, maybe next year.  Hopefully, I will be able to go to Texicon.  If I can't go to Texicon, then I'm going to shoot for Dragon Con.

Oh and I have one question, and please excuse my lack of knowledge concerning this, but what the heck is a quisling?

Later...
This is Pope Zanazaz signing off....

5 comments:

  1. A quisling is

    A traitor who serves as the puppet of the enemy occupying his or her country named for Vidkun Quisling (1887-1945), head of Norway's government during the Nazi occupation (1940-1945).]

    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/quisling

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I'll also be deleting some of the blogs that I follow."

    Curious as to why you would do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Paladin - I've already stopped following about six blogs today. The main reason being the way they discussed the "current controversy", which usually involved offensive language, insults, and in some cases hypocrisy. I can discuss something without the foul language or insults. Apparantly some bloggers, and people who comment on blogs can't do that. It shows a certain lack of maturity. I may ( to an extent ) agree with what they say, but I don't like the way they go about it. They're free to cuss and insult all they want to on their blog, I don't have to read it. It gets old after a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fair enough. I tend to do the opposite, as I sometimes find value in opinions that differ from mine.

    Have a great weekend, and good gaming to you!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm lost; I assume this is some sort of internal problem in a gaming-specific blogworld. Good thing I don't have a gaming blog!

    ReplyDelete