Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Monday, Monday...

I suppose I could come on here and write about what a lousy day I had, but with all the negativity in certain circles of the gaming blogosphere lately, I want to be more positive.

I mentioned in my last post that I wanted to try and make it to Texicon this year.  Well, due to extreme dumbassness on my part, I thought the con was later this Summer. DOH!  It's already come and gone.  Hopefully they will hold it again next year.

I'm working on an idea, and while I know it's probably not entirely original I've never seen anything like it.  I'm working on characters for a supplement called - Fairy Tales of the Apocalypse.  The first one just sort of came to me, and she's called Obsidian Rain, or perhaps Obsydian Rayne, I haven't decided yet.  I'm also not sure what system I'll be using, it might be a system-less supplement.  Obsidian also has seven henchman, so that gives you an idea who she is based on, well I should say loosely based on. 

Obsidian Rain, and the Seven Sinisters are a group that run a small village in the Burning Wastes.  All of them, as I originally envisioned them are mutated humanoids.  Obsidian is a seven foot tall female, and is as black as the volcanic glass she is named after.  The Sinisters are a clan of Dark Dwarves, that found themselves on a post-apocalyptic Earth after a run in with a evil sorcerer.  Exposure to radiation and/or other mutagenic substances has changed them.

Stranded on a strange world, they don't understand, the Sinisters turn to one thing they know best, and that's mining.  Except now they mine ancient, buried cities for strange artifacts, and metal they can melt and forge into useful things.

All I've come up with, and I really need to do some research into fairy tales before I go much farther.  It feels good being creative again.  I need to do it more often...

No comments:

Post a Comment