Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Technical Trouble... Please Stand By...

My main computer has decided to develop some kind of problem with software, and I can't browse the world wide web.  I can connect, but can't load webpages.  So until I can sort out the problem, I'll either surf at the library, or on my laptap, at places with free wifi, which is what I'm doing now.  It's also put a kibosh on frequent blog posting.

A week or so ago, my digital camera also decided to go all wonky, and not take photos.  I can turn it on, and get the menu, but I can't take any photos.  Not sure what the problem is with it, but it may meet the business end of a sledge hammer.  I mean, if it can't be fixed cheaply, then I might as well, have a little  fun.  I'm not sure if these things can even be repaired.  We live in such a disposable society these days.  I once found a VHS and DVD player that someone had thrown away, but I checked it out, and it worked.

I'm not a huge fan of technology right now.

2 comments:

  1. It surprises me too. Just think what a stimulus there could be in returning to a mainstream use for repair skills, or a culture of mend and make-do - there might be less of certain kinds of products sold, but there'd also be new directions we could move in with a higher overall level of technical skill and can-do attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, this world could recycle so much more stuff, repair, reuse, repurpose, it's sad to see the waste that occurs. I guess it's corporate greed that drives this wasteful economy, which it seems to me isn't working that well for many, many people.

    ReplyDelete