Wednesday, November 27, 2013

NaNoWriMo A Success!

Last night I exceeded the 50K word count goal for NaNoWriMo so I'm happy.  I was so engrossed in the writing that I never considered that I wouldn't reach the goal.  I never had any trouble with writers block, because of some advice I read, which was, 'Write what you would want to read.'  Which is great advice. I had a blast working on this novel, so it never seemed like work.

Most days I probably only wrote for a maximum of three hours, sometimes less, and I never had a problem reaching the word count goal.  If I had tried I could have probably reached the 50K a lot sooner, but that wasn't the point of my first attempt at NaNoWriMo.  All I wanted to do was reach that 50K mark by the end of the month. The fact that I reached it early is icing on the cake.

Of course the novel still needs work.  In fact, I'm sure I'll write many more words for it, but I've got a great start on the first draft. I've got a beginning, alot of middle and an ending.  Now all I have to do is flesh it out.  From what I understand about this process, that's what NaNoWriMo is mostly about.

The working title of my novel is, The Mozaic: Shattering the Veil.  It's a fantasy, but there are no elves, or dwarves, orcs, or other such fantasy races.  There are lizardmen, and Saurians, but the rest of the races are intelligent animals.  There's also magic, because what's a fantasy novel without fantasy?  Well, I guess it would be a fantasy novel without magic.

Anyway, me am running out of good words.  So until next time Happy Thanksgiving!

7 comments:

  1. my other creative projects nearly as much as I should

    dallas seo consultant

    ReplyDelete

  2. Well Done! Highly recommended.

    WashingtonDC Limo Car is facilitaing with Luxury Car Service, Limo Service DC in Maryland, Virginia & Washington DC at cheap Limo Rental Prices.

    Prom Nights Service:

    Prom Limo Service ensures best Prom Limo Hire servive.
    Enjoy Cheap Limo Service.

    We are providing Airport Transfers to Washington DC, Maryland & Virginia.

    .BWI Airport Limousine And Car Service
    .BWI Car Service .BWI Limo Service.
    . Car Service to Dulles
    . IAD Car Service . Dulles Airport Limousine Service.
    . Dulles Airport Transportation
    . Car Service to Dulles.

    Hire our Chauffeur Service
    for your luxury travel with professional Chauffeur.
    Chauffeur Car Service
    Chauffeur Service near me!

    Get Free Quote
    Reserve Limo Online Now for Luxury Tour!

    ReplyDelete